We Are An Approved Medicaid Waiver Agency
Click Here For Medicaid Waiver Information
Today, thanks to advancement in science and healthcare, people are living longer and more fulfilling lives. As people begin to age, they may need assistance to live independently. That is where the caregivers of Premier Personal Care, Inc. can help. We are a non-medical home care agency working with clients in Bucks County, PA and Mercer County, NJ.
As a business that works with older adults, we understand that it is critical for our clients to be aware of available resources. Fortunately, resources continue to expand, making it easier for seniors to get the assistance they need to remain active in their communities.
If you need help with paying for your medications, contact PAAD (Pharmacy Assistance to the Aged and Disabled) at 609-588-7049609-588-7049 or 800-792-9745800-792-9745. They help people who are currently in need.
Here are phone numbers for other resources available to everyone, no matter what state or county you live in.
- Alzheimer’s Association — 800-272-3900800-272-3900
- American Diabetes Association — 800-232-3472800-232-3472
- American Foundation for the Blind — 800-232-5463800-232-5463
- Association of Area Agencies on Aging — 215-348-0510215-348-0510 / 267-880-5700267-880-5700
- Children of Aging Parents — 800-227-7294800-227-7294
- National Cancer Institute — 800-422-6237800-422-6237
- National Center for Vision and Aging — 609-989-6661609-989-6661
- National Hospice Organization — 800-658-8898800-658-8898
The Bucks County Area Agency on Aging is an excellent starting point for finding senior resources. You can reach them directly at 267-880-5700267-880-5700 or you can use their website to get started. You can download a copy of their Resource Directory, get information on local transportation options, or find employment assistance.
You can also visit the Pennsylvania Department of Aging for even more resources.
Resources for Those Living in Mercer County, New Jersey
Those who live in Mercer County and need local senior resources can reach the Mercer County Office on Aging at 877-222-3737877-222-3737.
We hope these resources will help you live a fuller life as you age.
Things you should know about the homecare agency you hired.
- Make sure the homecare agency is currently licensed in your state.
- Does the homecare agency offer a client assessment to help evaluate your care needs?
- Does the agency perform criminal background checks?
- Do supervisors meet with you and the family along with the caregiver for initial care?
- Are there visits from supervisor to evaluate quality of care?
- Does the homecare agency offer up to 24-hour care as well as hourly?
- Does the homecare agency have Certified Nursing Aides and Home Health Aides?
- How quickly can care begin?
- Do they bill weekly, biweekly, or monthly?